Here are the major events of the CUSAT CAT 2023 exam -
CUSAT CAT 2023 Exam Brochure
The exam brochure for CUSAT CAT 2023 will be published soon on the official site. We will provide the CUSAT CAT 2023 exam brochure here for direct download as soon as it is available.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Eligibility
The CUSAT CAT 2023 eligibility criteria will differ for different programmes offered by CUSAT CAT. Candidates must have cleared 12th standard exams from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects with 60% total marks and at least 50% in Mathematics.
At the time of admission, candidates for LL.B.(Hons) programmes like BBA, LL.B. (Hons), and B.Com must also have completed the 10+2 examination. Applicants need to have scored at least 60% in the Science and Commerce streams, and at least 55% in the Arts and Humanities streams. In order to qualify for admission, candidates for SC / ST or SEBC must have obtained a score of at least 50% in the 12th standard examination.
The applicant must have obtained a bachelor's degree from any university or institute that is recognised for postgraduate programmes, such as MBA (Master of Business Administration), and they must have scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate. SEBC applicants are eligible for a 5% reduction in the required minimum marks.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Applicants must check the exam pattern of the CUSAT CAT 2023 before planning to start preparations for the exam. Here are some significant pointers related to the CUSAT CAT 2023 exam pattern -
- The exam pattern will vary as per the programmes offered.
- The test will be organised via the CBT mode and will have MCQ based questions.
- The exam duration will be 2.5 hours to 3 hours and may vary per course.
- There are overall 250 questions in the entrance test for subjects like the B.Tech examination.
- For B.Com / BBA / LLB (Hons.), LLB, and LLM, there will be 150 total questions.
- Aspirants will get three marks for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for any wrong attempts.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Syllabus
The CUSAT CAT exam syllabus will differ per the offered programmes. Aspirants must follow the prospectus of the CUSAT CAT which will be published by the conducting authority as and when the application form will be released.
For instance, candidates aspiring to join the LLM programme will have to complete the subjects studied during the LLB , BA LLB etc, and as prescribed by the Bar Council of India.
For programmes like B Tech Programmes except B.Tech Marine Engineering / M.Sc (Five years integrated) in Photonics, M.Sc (Five year integrated) in Computer Science, the questions will be based on the 10+2 syllabus. Out of 250 questions, aspirants will have to attempt 125 from Mathematics, 75 and 50 from Physics and Chemistry each.
For 5 - Year Integrated M. Sc (Biological Sciences / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics / Statistics), aspirants will have to answer questions based on 12th standard syllabus. The major topics will focus on Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Application Form
Applicants can find the CUSAT 2023 application form major pointers below -
- To appear for the CUSAT 2023 entrance exam, the applicants must submit the CUSAT CAT 2023 application form within the time frame specified by the conducting body.
- The CUSAT CAT application form 2023 will be made available likely in January 2023 / February 2023.
- Candidates are required to submit their applications by filling out an application form, which includes providing information such as their names, email addresses, phone numbers, educational qualifications, and so on.
- Applicants have to be very careful when filling out the application form, as even the smallest errors could result in the form being rejected.
- It is anticipated that the final week of March 2023 / beginning of April 2023 will be the cutoff period for submitting the application form.
- Applicants must take a printout of the CUSAT CAT 2023 application form as well as the receipt for the payment to keep for your records.
- The application form charges will have to be paid via the online application system and the suggested payment gateway on the official portal.
- Candidates can use either a credit card or a debit card, as well as online banking, to pay the application fee.
- The application fee will not be refundable under any circumstances.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Admit Card
The CUSAT CAT 2023 admit card will be available for download around 2-3 weeks before the examination. The applicants who successfully register for the exam will be able to retrieve their admit cards from the admit card link that will be provided on the official website. Candidates must note down that without the admit cards, they will not be allowed to appear for the test. We advise the applicants to examine the details mentioned in the CUSAT CAT admit card to verify if the details mentioned in the admit card are correct.
CUSAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Here are some important tips for CUSAT CAT 2023 preparation -
- A strategic approach to CUSAT CAT 2023 preparation is required. Candidates must examine the CUSAT CAT syllabus, exam pattern, previous years' question paper, before developing a strategy. These will teach the aspirants about the subjects to study, the exam complexity level, the different kinds of questions, the marking scheme, and other important information that will help them pass the CUSAT CAT 2023 with a high score.
- The CUSAT CAT preparation strategy is an important step toward success. As a result, when making a decision which subjects to study first, applicants must be extremely careful.
- Applicants must examine the CUSAT CAT exam pattern and syllabus carefully and make a schedule and allocate time to subjects based on their abilities and weaknesses.
- Make sure not to start new chapters when a month or so remains for the exam.
- The applicants must have a grasp of the concepts covered in the chapters that they have finished.
- Regularly practise the formulas, reactions, equations, block diagrams, flowcharts, and so on, particularly the difficult ones.
- Solve as many practise questions as possible, including previous year questions and difficult questions, questions they have got wrong at any point, and other tough questions.
- Take CUSAT CAT practice tests and previous year exams just as seriously as the actual exam.
- Recognize the mistakes and flaws after each test and work on them.
- To improve the time management, make note of how much time they need to spend on each question as they practise and take tests.
- Candidates must find out how to choose which queries to answer during a test. The idea is to know a good grip forehand, as which section questions are the easiest for the aspirants to attempt comparatively.
CUSAT CAT Previous Year Question Papers
Applicants can access the CUSAT CAT previous year question papers from the official website of CUSAT. Aspirants can get a good grip of the question paper format, and the exam pattern by attempting the previous year question papers. Applicants need to navigate to the resources tab and click on the “Previous Year Question Paper” tab. They can download the question papers as per their preferred programme and shift wise.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Answer Key
Shortly after the CUSAT CAT has been conducted; several coaching centres and exam experts release the unofficial CUSAT CAT 2023 Answer Key along with memory-based question papers. The answer key will help the aspirants get a fair estimate of the probable exam score.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Result / Rank List
The conducting authority releases the results of CUSAT CAT on their official webpage. Candidates can check the result / rank list by clicking on the tab named “Rank List”. Once they are on the Rank List page, aspirants have to select the degree programme from the drop down menu and view the rank list.